Top FAQ Answers Related to Assembly, Fab and DFM
By: Admin November 14, 2019
What Type of Data Do I Need to Provide for PCB Design (PCB Layout)?
- Netlist (in the software format desired)
- Component data sheets (especially for critical parts)
- PCB Mechanical requirement
- Schematic with reference designators
- Keep out area(s)
- Special routing rules (Impedance control, High speed signals, etc.)
- PCB stack-up with layer definition
What Type of Data Do I Need to Provide for PCB Manufacturing?
- Gerber Data (274X format) or ODB++ Files
- Solder Paste file (in array format if boards are panelized)
- Fabrication Drawing
- XY Data
- Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Assembly Drawing
- Mechanical Drawings (If required)
- Test Procedure (If required)
- Letters of Authorization for any parts for which you control pricing (if applicable)
What is the Most Common Delay in the PCB Manufacturing Process?
Missing customer-provided data. The BOM with missing reference designators and Assembly Drawings with missing polarity are the most common documents missing in submission with delays often attributing to missing polarity for parts.
Click here to get started with a quote today.